Wednesday, April 17

QOV at MQX

Hello Everyone,  
One of the best parts of going to MQX is seeing all my friends that I have made over the years. Three friends of mine can always be found in the Quilts of Valor booth. That was one of the first places that I stopped.

When I arrived at the booth, I was just in time to see Holly accepting this beautiful quilt. The women pictured was thrilled to be able to donate this quilt. She brings at least one each year to MQX.
A quilter donates a beautiful quilt.

My friend Joyce was very busy longarming a quilt that had been donated earlier in the day. 
Joyce hard at work.

I wanted to show you a close up photo of one of the QOV quilts that Joyce had quilted. Joyce designed and digitized the quilting motif on this quilt. She is a very talented women.
Detail quilting on a QOV quilt.

Joyce's sister, Janice had pieced, quilted and attached the binding to the front of this Disappearing Nine Patch quilt. Janice was busy one afternoon at the show hand stitching down the snazzy striped binding.
Disappearing Nine Patch quilt.

If you would like more information on how you can help this organization check out their website: www.QOVF.org

Until next time…  
Happy Quilting, Kathy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...