Some of the ladies from the Tuesday night quilt group that I belong to have decided to do a block exchange. Each person decided which block they wanted to make as "their" block. I chose a block called Honeymoon also know as Sweet Sixteen Star. My quilt will be made using pink 30's prints and Kona snow.
|Honeymoon / Sweet Sixteen Star|
1. Each participant will provide two pieces of fabric: 1 fat quarter of you main fabric, and 1 fat quarter of your background fabric for each participant.
2. Using 13"x15" jumbo (2 gal) Ziplock bags place the two fabrics in a bag for each participant. Put your name, email and phone number on the bag.
3. You will add fabric, either from your stash or bought to compliment the fabric in each bag and make the block that you have chosen. These will be 12" finished (12 1/2" unfinished blocks).
4. You will have from March until the September 2010 meeting to complete all bags, at which time they will be given back to the original owner. Note that you may return finished block to the original owner at any time before September if you complete them early, also return any left over fabric that was in the bag.
5. When you have all your blocks back, you can set them however you want.
All of us are very excited about this great Friendship Block exchange. Here are some of the blocks that I have completed for others:
|Honeymoon with Peggy's Fabric|
|Honeymoon Block with Chris' Fabric|
|Honeymoon Block with Cindy's Fabric|
|Honeymoon Block with Donna's Fabrics|
|Honeymoon Block with Pattie's Fabric|
Have you done an exchange with some of your quilting friends? I would love to hear about your block exchange, the type of blocks, the fabrics you used, or maybe the final setting that was used for the blocks. This is going to be sooooooo much fun!
Until next time…
Happy Quilting, Kathy